PB&J Coffee Crew
Our business venture will need to get the word out about what we are doing. Also, we need for the community to try (and buy) our coffee roasted by special people. So, we are starting a sales force to help us.Our team is called PB&J in honor of two of my brothers who have died. P is for my brother Paul. B is for my brother Butch. And J is for me, Jim.
At some point, we will be hiring several part-time coffee sales people for our business.
We are making these positions available only to people with disabilities. This is part of our mission to help people with disabilities have more meaningful lives.
Sales experience preferred but not required. There will be a learning curve because you will have to learn our story so we need someone who has the patience and determination to learn something new! Salary will be $8.00 an hour to start.
Another way to help would be to join our sales crew as part of your organization or church or business. The more of our coffee you sell, the more credits go to your organization. These “coffee credits” will be used to obtain pounds of coffee from us for your organization to use. For example, for every 10 pounds of coffee you sell, we will give you a free pound of coffee. Once we start selling coffee and making some money, we will be able to hire a sales crew since we will have money to pay you.
So contact us and let us know how you would like to help us!
POSITION TITLE: PBJ Coffee Crew
REPORTS TO: Owner
The purpose of a team member of the PBJ Coffee Crew is to sell coffee as well as help publicize our business. The PBJ Crew learns the story of our business in order to tell the story to the community and get coffee orders. This is a part-time position, totaling 2 hours a week (or less).
- Learning all aspects of our coffee roasting business
- Distribute flyers and other promotional material, as required
- Tell the community about our business and our mission
- Sell the coffee as you meet people who are interested by either recording their order information or directing them to our website for making the order
- Perform other duties as required, such as helping out at events in the community
RELATIONSHIPS: The PBJ Coffee Crew is an external position. The PBJ Coffee Crew will report to the Manager and Owner and interact with them, as needed.
SUPERVISION: The PBJ Coffee Crew will only supervise him/herself.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Communicates well with people
- Contact potential clients
- Can manage him/herself
- Knows how to publicize events
- Can get around via transportation
- Can record orders
- Money skills – Can accept order payments
- Able to understand and follow directions
- Know how to use an iPad
- Prior sales experience is not required, but is preferred
- Able to manage him/herself
- Willing to learn new things
- Able to communicate well
- A people person
PROGRESSION: This position does not necessarily prepare the incumbent for a specific position of increased responsibility.
Frequent sitting, talking, listening, hearing, speaking and mental concentration necessary; use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms; specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to communicate and be understood clearly. May be required to lift or move packages, containers or supplies of up to 15 pounds.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed. The essential functions or duties listed above are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical requirements of the position are listed below.
FREQUENCY RATING: Occassionally – less than 33% of time
SECTION 1. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY OF THIS POSITION
- Climbing, balancing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Bodily agility is emphasized. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slipper, or erratically moving surfaces. O Rarely
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. O Occasionally
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. O Frequently
- Standing. Particularly for sustained period of time. O Frequently
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. O Frequently
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. Raising objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. O Rarely
O Distance in feet _100-200____ O Weight in pounds _20-30____
- Fingering, grasping, feeling. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. O Frequently
- Talking, hearing. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other employees accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. O Frequently
- Sitting. With torso vertical, lower body resting with support. O Rarely
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. O Frequently
SECTION 2. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.